The role of cybersecurity within facility management has been gaining prominence during the past several years. With this increased focus on cybersecurity, facility and energy managers need the skills to effectively achieve cybersecurity goals and metrics to maintain mission-assurance capabilities. This 2020 Energy Exchange Extra session discusses the issues confronting facility and energy management staff and offers training techniques to ensure that facility and energy management staff have the ability to effectively operate in this evolving environment.
Daniel Shepard, I.T. Specialist, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
John Collins, FoxGuard Solutions
Creshona Armwood, Chief of the Energy and Sustainability Branch, General Services Administration
Andre Ristaino, Managing Director, Global Alliances and Consortia, International Society of Automation
Upon completion of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Explore the different programs, resources, and tools available to provide hands-on training for staff;
- Identify how cybersecurity can enhance resilience;
- Explore the competency requirements for facility and energy managers related to cybersecurity related to the Federal Building Personnel Training Act;
- Identify the federal cybersecurity requirements and responsibilities for operational technology (OT) systems and how to meet these requirements for OT cybersecurity; and
- Understand the concept of cyber-commissioning and how it relates to energy projects.